St. Augustine Summer Music
The St. Augustine Summer Music for 2013 is cranking up for another FUN-filled season. Grab your chairs or blankets and come listen to the magnificent sounds of the summer!
Concerts In the Plaza is celebrating 23 years of great free music in downtown St. Augustine. Also, a terrific season of Music by the Sea takes place at the St. Augustine Beach Pier and Pavilion. Come enjoy the music as the summer sun goes down!
Music by the Sea 2013
St. Augustine Beach Pier and Pavilion, 350 AlA Beach Blvd., St. Augustine Beach is the setting for the eleventh annual Music by the Sea concert series. These concerts are each Wednesday evening from 7pm to 9pm beginning May 8 through the end of September. A variety of Jazz, R & B, and rock n' roll are just a few of the performances scheduled.
They're not just serving up music at the pier, but also some delightful food! Area restaurants are serving dinners for $10 or less beginning at 6 p.m. A great opportunity to sample some of the culinary specialties St. Augustine has to offer!
Admission is free to the concert and parking is available at the Pier. Bring your chair or blanket and come for the summer FUN!
- May 8: Outta Sight (rock'n roll) - Wildflower Cafe
- May 15: Leisure Man (classic rock 'n roll) - LaStrada Italian Restaurant
- May 22: Navy PRIDE (rock 'n roll) - Coquina Beach
- May 29: Those Guys (classic rock 'n roll) - South Beach Grill
- June 5: Amy Alyssia & the Soul Operation (Motown R & B) - Amici's Italian Restaurant
- June 12: Funk Shui (rock 'n roll) - Mango Mango's
- June 19: Rob Peck & Friends (classic southern blues) - Paula's Beachside Grill
- June 26: Steam the Band (Motown) - Napoli Italian Restaurant
- July 3: The Falling Bones (classic rock 'n roll) - Purple Olive
- July 10: Restless Kind (southern rock) - Panama Hatties
- July 17: Grapes of Roth (rock 'n roll) - Gas Full Service
- July 24: Bush Doctors (reggae) - Raintree Restaurant
- July 31: Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg (classic rock 'n roll) - Zaharia's Restaurant
- August 7: Mid Life Crisis (Classic rock 'n roll) - Sea Oats Cafe
- August 14: Jimmy Parrish & the Ocean Waves (beach music) - F.A. Cafe
- August 21: Smokin' Mirrors (rock 'n roll) - Ripe Bistro
- August 28: Big Lonesome (southern blues) - Gypsy Cab
- September 4: ET Swing Band (jazz) - By Design Catering Co.
- September 11: Top Secret Band (rock 'n roll) - Antonio's Pizza
- September 18: Beach St. A Go-Go (classic rock 'n roll) - Cafe 11
- September 25: Navy Dixie Land Jazz (dixie land) - Sunset Grille
Concerts in the Plaza 2013
Concerts in the Plaza take place every Thursday evening in downtown St. Augustine in the Plaza de la Constitucion between King Street and Cathedral Place. The season begins with an afternoon Memorial Day Concert, 1pm to 5pm and continues through Labor Day.
Many of the entertainers have been playing in the plaza for years, while others are new to the event. Blues, jazz, popular, old time, country, something everyone will love. Music that's good for the soul! So come on down, bring your lawn chair or blanket, your "honey" or your best friend, or just come by yourself because they'll be plenty of friendly folks enjoying the music, too. A another FUN community event!
- May 27: Frankie & Friends Big Band - begins at 1 p.m.
- May 30: The Driftwoods
- June 6: Lis & Lon Williamson with Rick Kunicky
- June 13: Big Pineapple
- June 20: Mid-Life Crisis
- June 27: Bob & Jolie & the Friends of Mine Band
- July 4: The All Star Orchestra
- July 11: The Falling Bones
- July 18: The Mike Hart Band
- July 25: The Company
- August 1: Rob Ellis Peck & Friends
- August 8: Ancient City Slickers
- August 15: The Grapes of Roth
- August 22: Morris Duenow
- August 29: Lonesome Bert & The Skinny Lizards
- September 2:The St. Augustine Jazz Society - begins at 1 p.m.
A few details for the evening. Admission and the FUN is free! The street parking downtown is free after 5:00 pm. Parking is also available in the Historic Downtown Parking Facility located by the Visitors Information Center, just a short walk to the Plaza. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the Plaza, but when the concert's over there are many
places downtown to enjoy a nightcap.